Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Natural Beautie: Redefined


Meet the M.I.A. lady behind this blog:




Name: Shelby, or just Shel.

Age: 22, often mistaken for 16

Located: The heart of TN, Nashville.

Years Natural: 4

Years Loc;d: 1

Years it took to love myself: a lifetime.
A few years ago I started this blog because I was newly natural and that was the cool thing to do; start a blog to document your journey, all the while in hopes of encouraging others on the exciting journey to nappturality (totally made that up).

As the years went on and I started college, and did more things to my hair faster than I could document them, this blog fell to the wayside. There were better bloggers who posted quality posts and did it quite often and consistently. That is something I just can't seem to do.

Now, here I am, four years later wanting to reinvent this blog. No longer will this be my hair journey, but it will be our journey to loving the beauty that we posse naturally; from our appearance, to our gifts and talents, and even our flaws. Let's go on a journey to love ourselves just the way we are, while also loving the person we will eventually become.

xo

6 comments:

  1. The petty hat is 100% brushed cotton with our unique design the front.This light soft hat can be packed away easily making it the ideal hat for vacation travel and all times when you want to keep the sun off of your beautiful face
    petty hat | petty hat| petty hat

    ReplyDelete